The International Consumer Product Health and Safety Organization (ICPHSO) is proud to be the only organization that attracts a global audience of health and safety professionals who meet to exchange ideas and share information to address health and safety concerns. To do this effectively, ICPHSO needs to support stakeholders that may not have the resources to attend our meetings. ICPHSO provides the sole international forum for consumer product safety. Therefore, making sure that all stakeholders can participate regardless of their resources is an important goal that furthers the richness and breadth of our meetings.
ICPHSO is proud to offer scholarships to our meetings for those who would not otherwise be able to attend.
We have reached our allocation for requests for scholarship funding for our 2020 Annual Symposium
- Applicants will be notified as soon as possible of the Scholarship committees’ decision.
- Highest priority will be given to consumers, public interest groups, academia, researchers, injury prevention professionals, state and local government and international governments.
- The costs covered by the scholarship will vary depending upon available
- All requests for scholarship assistance are submitted to the Executive Director who makes a recommendation to the ICPHSO Executive Committee based upon all requests received, twenty (20) days before each conference, and on the amount of funding budgeted for each conference.
Costs covered by the scholarship will vary depending upon available/budgeted resources and upon application requests. Potential costs covered could include, reduced or free registration; assistance with some or all of travel, hotel, food and other appropriate costs. ICPHSO only provides reimbursement of actual costs and not per diem costs. Food costs may not be reimbursed since ICPHSO provides food and beverage at each of its conferences.
All requests for scholarship assistance are submitted to the Executive Director who makes a recommendation to the ICPHSO Executive Committee based upon all request received before the published deadline and on the amount of funding budgeted for each conference.
Based upon the amount of scholarship sponsors for each ICPHSO conference, priority is given to the following requesters:
1) ICPHSO Members.
2) Requestors in under-represented stakeholder groups, e.g., consumers, public interest groups, academia, researchers, injury prevention professionals, local, state, and international governments and small or startup businesses; and the recently unemployed;
3) Requestors whose attendance and participation will benefit other conference attendees or contribute to the promotion of consumer product safety within the requestor’s organization/sphere of influence;
4) For prior requestors, ICPHSO volunteer work, e.g., symposium planning participation, moderator and panel participation and assistance at Symposiums;
5) Speakers may receive priority funding over attendees, depending upon the criteria above.
Scholarship recipients are reimbursed after the conference for actual costs only with appropriate and accurate receipts showing the costs paid. No funding will be provided without accurate receipts.
If Registration is being waived, ICPHSO will not require payment in advance and will merely waive the registration fee and provide an internal registration code to be used during the registration process.
Where ICPHSO can provide hotel accommodations for scholarship recipients, it will work to include the hotel room as part of ICPHSO’s master account billing so no direct costs will be charged to the recipient other than any incidental charges which ICPHSO will not pay. ICPHSO will cover hotel room costs as well as all applicable state, local and federal taxes for the room. A personal credit card may be required by the hotel to reserve the room for the scholarship recipiemt
Alcoholic beverages will not be reimbursed and are not allowed as part of the ICPHSO scholarship funding.
Thank you for the generous support of the following Scholarship Fund contributors: